I've completed another one in my series of Monsters Remixed:
Humanoids Remixed takes the basic attributes of the humanoid races in ODnD: goblins, kobolds, orcs, hobgoblins, gnolls, ogres, trolls, and giants and mixes them up. The idea is that instead of just rolling "orc" on a table, or having to make up from scratch something that is more interesting than orcs, the DM rolls one of each die and looks at this page to make a new type of humanoid. I've rolled up some of these, and it all seems to work, but they need some kind of name I think so something like this should be added:
- HUMANOID NAMES1Grom--ling2Dreg--lin3Trog--ek4Hob--bold5Gno--erk6Ko--dob7Org--s8Kil--dog9Blud--rok10Krag--bones
- For example:
- Fat, three foot tall, 1 HD, nomadic humanoids 200 strong who ride about in their walking castle and wear leather armor. Their leader is a Lvl 3 fighter and he's got 8 guards with 2 HD. They keep as a pet a scorpion tailed, winged, headless goat thing with a voracious appetite and 4 HD. In the lair they've got 2000 cp and 3000gp worth of gems.
- In the example above I combined the Nomadic attribute with the result rolled for Lair: Castle.
- Gaunt, five foot tall, 1 HD, regenerating cave-dwellers, 60 of em. Lead by one of their own with 5 HD with 10 guards at 2 HD and 40 giant bats. 5000 cp, 1000 sp and a scroll of snake control.
- Now all I have left are the humans, undead, save vs. stoners and animals.
- Here's a link to the pdf:
- HUMANOIDS Remixed
- There's more in the free loot links to the right.