anyway long story short, my friend and my girlfriend made characters that were so awesome we decided they had to be played, so I ran a game.
- the Hypno-Ninja-Spaniel won a breakdancing competition on the mean streets of Dubai MegaCity in the year 2049. Everybody in Dubai in the future talked with a New York accent. This was before Sandy. I decided that in the 2030's there was a flood in NY and the city was ruined and The UAE gave free visas to any New Yorker who wanted them. That never came up in the game, it was just in my head. Really though, I just didn't want to do an Arab accent and East Coast/New Yorker was the first thing that popped into my head.
- They fought a street gang and beheaded a store clerk.
- They stole a dirt bike from a Canadian kid. (they started in present day Canada)
- They made their way efficiently through a fantasy dungeon, running right past the eyeballs with magic powers floating in a lake of blood.
- The mutant moose who pretty much looked like a regular moose and but for minor telepathy pretty much was a regular moose absolutely creamed the bad guys by ramming them with her antlers.
- They wielded ancient ninja weapons, stolen from the future to battle a cyborg T-rex in a fantasy medieval tower.
- Any time the pace slackened even a little the players would ad-lib in character about their body issues.
What we talked about doing next is running TMNT characters in a fantasy game using the regular old Palladium Fantasy rules. At first I thought it would be fun to play in a world where everyone is a mutant animal but what I find really attractive about TMNT is how you are skulking about on the edge of society. I think the perfect setting would be something like New Crobizon from Mieville's Bas Lag books. The "strange green stuff"that mutates the PCs would be alchemical toxic waste.
My next post will be more substantial... I've got another Monster Remix just about ready!